How to become a Web designer and Developer: Courses, Eligibility, colleges, Training fee, salary and Scope
If you are creative enough to design something based on a single idea, then web designing is the career for you.
Today the whole world is online. Each and everything has an online presence. The virtual world has taken over the real world. That is why the demand for computer-based career opportunities has become the first choice of many students.
Every business, organization, or corporation has its own websites where it sells and advertises its products and services. Even government departments have started to have their dedicated websites for people to access the facilities easily.
The question is…
What is Web Designing?
Web designing is the process of creating websites’ layout and design according to the client or the company’s demands.
The terms web designer and web development are both exchangeable in the virtual world. However, they have various capacities and work. Many people don’t even think about what goes into planning a site and creating it.
Web planning alludes to the making of the design segment of the site. Web designers make the design of the website by utilizing programming like Adobe photoshop. Web structuring standards include consistency, balance, difference, solidarity, and accentuation.
Highlights: Career as web designer and developer
|Eligibility||Class 10th for diploma courses Class 12th for bachelors courses|
|Course fee||Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 4,00,000|
|Salary||Rs. 4,00,000 – Rs. 10,00,000|
|Job types||Web designer, Realist dsigner, Image specialist, Web developer|
|Recruiting companies||HCL, Wipro, Infosys, Dell, IIM, Oracle, Lava|
What are the courses for a career as a web designer and Developer?
There are diploma, certificate, bachelor’s, and master’s courses to train individuals in the web development software and web designing basics.
Students need to have proper knowledge of programming software and web designing concepts. To teach them the principles of website development, one should be trained in both theory and practical use of these concepts.
The course for web designing and development are:
The duration of the course of 1 to 2 years. One can pursue Diploma courses after passing class 10th. The programs under diploma courses are:
- Diploma in Web Designing
- Diploma Course in Multimedia & Web Designing
- Diploma in Web Designing & Software Development
- Advanced Diploma in Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Multimedia & Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Office Automation & Web Designing
- Advanced Diploma in Internet & Web Designing
The certificate courses are not that detailed courses like bachelor’s or diploma. It is a simple basic course in web designing. The duration of the course is of 6 months to 1 year.
- Certificate Course in Web Designing
- Certificate Course in Multimedia Web Designing
- Certificate Course in Internet & Web Designing
- Certificate Course in Office Automation & Web Designing
- Certificate course in Application Software & Web Designing
This is an undergraduate program course in web design and development. The duration of the course in web designing is 3 years.
- B.Sc in Multimedia and Web Design
It is 2 years duration course. Students can only take admission on this course after completing their bachelor’s degree in web designing.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Web Designing
- M.Sc in E-commerce & Web Design
What are the eligibility criteria for a career in web design and development?
Although the eligibility criteria may differ with college and university but the standard qualifications required to enroll in a Textile Technology course are as follows:
- An aspirant of Web design and development must have qualified class 12th from a recognized university or board.
- The minimum marks required in class 12th passing certificate must be above 55%.
- For a Diploma course in Web design and development, one must have a passing certificate of class 10th form a recognized university or board. The admission is made on the merit basis and the marks of class 10th.
- Though this criterion is not applicable for all colleges, some colleges conduct necessary entrance tests for a Bachelors’s course in Web Design and Development.
- One must pass the cut off marks in the entrance exam of the respective colleges to be eligible for the admission merit list.
- Candidates with the maximum marks in the test are called for admission.
Skills Required to be a web designer and Developer
This is a talent-based sector. So apart from the knowledge in the basics of web designing, one must have a specific set of prerequisite skills.
The skills are:
- Website specialists must have an inventive vision to think of new site thoughts and computerized information portrayal plans.
- PC capability and decent handling of programming dialects are an unquestionable requirement for people seeking to become website specialists.
- Correspondences aptitudes are likewise essential to comprehend customer necessities and discuss adequately with the remainder of the group.
The admission forms for different courses under this category are as follows:
For a Diploma and certificate course, the merit list is prepared dependent on the marks of class 10th. There is no entrance test for Diploma courses. This may change with colleges.
For a Bachelors’s course in Web design and development, all the colleges and institutes conduct entrance tests. One needs to score higher than the cut marks by college or university.
For a Masters’s course, there is a provision of both entrance tests and marks scored in the bachelor by the students.
• The forms are accessible online at the particular official website of the school or college.
• One needs to fill all the details carefully and submit the forms online.
• You need to pay the application fee on the web. The online payment can be made through Net Banking or UPI techniques.
• After successful online payment, you will get a receipt on the PC screen confirming valid application submission.
• Print out the receipt with the admission number for future use.
• In the case of universities taking selection tests. You will be given a date of examination and admit card.
• One needs to print out the admit card to sit in the entrance test.
• The cut off is released within one month from the test date.
• One needs to consistently check the official college site for admit card download and cut off marks and important dates.
The course fee of a web designer or developer program is around Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 4,00,000.
Though it may vary with the colleges and universities, you must always confirm with the college department about course fees and other charges.
Career as web designer and Developer – syllabus
The syllabus is designed to cover the topics related to computer programming and software.
The subjects are:
- Scripting and the Web
- Validating a Website
- Controlling Style using Web Authoring Software
- Validating Your HTML
- CSS and Web Authoring Software: Controlling Presentation
- Site Management using Web Authoring Software
- Validating Your Accessibility
- Overview of Site Management Features
- Introduction to Web Authoring Software
- Creating a Web Page
- Corel Draw & Photoshop
- Domain Names, DNS and Domain
- Creating Business Cards, Logos
- Client and Server Software
- Creating Brochures
- Working with Website Layouts
- Introduction of Stock Photography
- Advanced Effects
- Types of Image Licenses
- Adobe Flash
- Frame Animation
- Creating Flash Banners / Websites
Best Colleges for Web Designing and Development
The top colleges offering courses in web designing and development in India are:
- P.A. Inamdar Visual Effect, Design & Art, Pune – Pune
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts (ZICA), Ranchi – Ranchi
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Bhubaneswar – Bhubaneswar
- Reliance Education Animation and VFX Academy – Pune
- ZICA – Noida-Noida
- Global Institute of Gaming and Animation – Chennai
- MAAC, Pune Camp – Pune
- 7 (Seven) Star Interior Academy – Kolkata
- Reliance Education – Kochi
- Frameboxx Animation and Visual Effects – Indore
- Ecole intuit.lab – French Institute of Design and Communication – Mumbai
- IMS-Design and Innovation Academy (IMS-DIA) – Noida
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Mumbai – Mumbai
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore – Bangalore
Web Designing has an immense extension with the blasting IT industry not in India yet additionally in abroad.
In the wake of finishing your web structuring course, you can work in a web planning organization or fill in as a consultant. There are a considerable number of organizations that recruit web designers for their front end and back end web advancement ventures. Likewise, you can work freely as a website specialist and arrangement your venture. The significant profession fields in this category include:
Front end Developer: The front end engineer, for the most part, works at the customer side, managing the site page structure, illustrations that are available to the client.
Back end Developer: The back end engineer is an individual who is liable for the rear end improvement that connects with the server. This kind of web engineer represents considerable authority in the dialects like Php, ruby, ASP.Net, Java, Cold Fusion, and Perl.
1. Web Designer
A Web Designer is answerable for making the plan and format of a site or site pages. It can mean taking a shot at a span site or refreshing a previously existing site. In any case, there can be a hybrid between the two jobs. Duties of the activity incorporate making web compositions, delivering test destinations, and staying up with the latest with ongoing innovation and programming advancements. Likewise, they make items that are easy to understand, compelling, and engaging.
2. Realistic Designer
A Graphic Designer deals with an assortment of items and exercises, such as sites, publicizing, books, magazines, banners, PC games, item bundling, presentations and showcases, corporate interchanges, and organizational character, for instance giving associations a visual ‘brand.’ Their work is to indicate briefs consented to, with the customer, inventive executive or record chief, and create innovative thoughts and ideas. The suitable media and Style must be picked to meet the customer’s objectives.
3. Advanced Imaging Specialist
Digital Imaging Specialists source pictures from filtered film or prints, or computerized firsts.
Pictures are then yielded as computerized records or printed utilizing an assortment of printing gear. There is likewise a ton of work in the reclamation of old photos. Digital Imaging Specialists might be associated with the chronicling and inventorying of images.
4. Sight and sound Scriptwriter
Multimedia Writers add to programs utilized or seen day by day by a large number of individuals, from computer games to instructive projects to PDA applications. Their assignments can differ from composing text for a web advertising effort to making storylines for PC games. Sight and sound Writers consolidate imagination and innovation. Alongside producing on the web and other intuitive substances, they may work with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) programming, video and photograph altering projects, and web improvement programming. These experts commonly require a Bachelor’s qualification in Graphic Design or a related field.
5. Intelligent Designer
Using text, information, illustrations, sound, liveliness, and other advanced and enhanced visualizations, Interactive Designers may chip away at activities such as web locales, electronic games, web-based learning material, and intuitive TV. They ordinarily work in an item advancement group, which may include assisting with building up a customer brief, getting ready harsh structure ideas, and utilizing industry-standard designs and media programming bundles. Additionally, they produce separate visuals for each page, structure hypertext interfaces, and enlivened menus, and compose codes and test the usefulness of the end product.
6. Content Writer Web Designing
A Web Designing Writer creates exercise plans, produces articles and course readings for understudies everything being equal, and gets ready material for instructive online destinations, including digital books and flyers. They should decide the data correctly to the students’ information base and pass on that in a straightforward language.
Web designer and Developer Salary in India
The salary of web designers ranges from Rs. 5,00,000 to Rs. 10,00,000 in India.
Top companies recruiting web designers and developers
The top companies that hire web designers in India are:
- IDC Technologies Solutions India Pvt Ltd
Have a bright future as a web designer.
Get started and apply today for a course.