Interested in a career in Digital Marketing? Not sure where to start?
Don’t worry. We are here for you. Stay with us to know all about Digital Marketing.
Do you still remember the old Tv ads which caught up our minds long back? Remember the jingle rhythm of Amul ads and other brands like Nirma. The reason for the popularity of these brands depended mainly on the tv ads. These tv ads are none other than a marketing strategy.
But nowadays people are less communicative on television. Younger generations spend more time on the internet and online websites. That is why only advertising on Tv does not help much these days.
Here comes the role of digital marketing. They plan and make strategies for advertising on the web and online mediums.
Times have changed. Advertising has reached our mobile screen and social media.
If you search for a specific item like bags or footwear on any e-commerce website, you will be followed by ads of that item everywhere on Google and social media. This is all about marketing to get your attention to a specific brand or item.
Why Digital marketing is a good career option?
Digital marketing in recent times has taken over the traditional ways of brand marketing in today’s world. That is why you can have a promising career in this field.
Almost every company these days look to make customers online. Breaking away from offline marketing companies’ traditional norms has started to advertise on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube.
The reasons why corporate prefer online marketing are:
- You can have direct communication with each internet user.
- Companies can target the specific needs of a user. For example, if you are looking for footwear, you will see all ads related to footwear on Google and social sites.
- It is an economical way of advertisement. That is why many small companies follow this trend religiously.
- You can get feedback as to what customers really want. This helps in familiarizing with market demands.
- You can also keep track of your ads’ real-time progress and planning with the number of visitors and website traffic.
To know where to start and how to make a career in Digital marketing, stay tuned with us.
Career in Digital Marketing – Highlights
|Eligibility||Class 12th for bachelors courses|
|Course fee||Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 6,00,000|
|Salary||Rs.4,00,00 – Rs. 8,00,000|
|Jobs||SEO expert, Content Manger, Digital marketing expert, social media manager|
|Companies recruiting||Facebook, Google, Miriam India, Pinstrom, iStrat, BCWebwise, Quasar Media etc.|
What are the courses for making a career in Digital marketing?
Students who wish to pursue a career in digital marketing have to know marketing strategies and brand management better. They should be well aware in areas like:
- Marketing Automation
- Brand Management
- Web Designing and Web Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Curation and Content Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Editing and Copywriting
- Data Analytics
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Interactive Technology
Therefore it is necessary to have a professional course in Digital marketing. To get a degree in the field, one can pursue Diploma courses, Bachelors’s courses, Masters’s Courses. You can also go for MBA in Digital marketing.
Diploma or Certificate courses
The duration of the course is for 6 months to 1 year. You can enroll in the course after class 10th.
- Diploma in Digital Marketing
This is an undergraduate course in Digital marketing. It is for 3 years. One can take admission in UG course only after passing class 12th. There is an entrance exam followed by an interview for admission to colleges.
- Bachelors in digital marketing
For admission to a postgraduate course in Digital marketing, one needs a degree in the same field.
- Masters in Digital marketing
Online certificate courses
Online courses are also very popular today in the younger generation. You can specialize in digital marketing from renowned online courses with big institutions. The courses are:
- Ad words certification by Google academy for ads
- Twitter flight school certification
- Fundamentals of digital marketing by Google marketing garage
- Analytics certification by Google certification
- Bing ads credited professional by Microsoft
Career in Digital Marketing – Eligibility criteria
Although the eligibility criteria may differ with institutes and colleges but the common eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The minimum requirement is a class 12th passing certificate from a recognized board or university.
- The minimum marks should be above 55% in the passing certificate.
- For Diploma courses, one can even pursue it after qualifying class 10th.
- Undergraduate courses can be sought after passing class 12th from a recognized board or university.
- Although the eligibility criteria are the same for all colleges, some institutes take entrance examinations, followed by an interview for admission to its various courses.
- For admission to a Bachelors’s course in Digital Marketing, one has to appear in entrance exams like DU JAT, PSAT, NPAT, BMAT, DSAT, etc.
- Candidates with the highest percentile of marks in the entrance exams are given admission to top colleges.
- Only those candidates who have completed a Bachelors’s course in digital marketing can take up further with Masters Courses.
What is the admission process for a career in digital marketing?
The admission processes may vary with universities for various courses in Digital Marketing.
For a diploma course, the merit list is prepared based on the marks of class 10th of the candidates. There is no entrance exam for Diploma courses. This may vary with colleges. Students with the highest scores are given priority in admission.
For a Bachelors’s course in digital marketing, all the universities and colleges conduct their entrance examination or follow the percentile marks of national level entrance exams. Top colleges then set their cut off percentage and release merit lists of selected candidates. Some colleges also take the interview as the second round of selection for admission. The interview round is to check the personality and attitude of the candidate towards his future and career.
For a Masters’s course, there is a provision of both entrance exams and marks obtained in the graduation by the candidates.
- The forms are available online at the respective official website of the college or university.
- One needs to fill all the details correctly and submit the form online.
- Choose your entrance examination center as per your availability.
- You have to pay the application fee online.
- Online payments can be made through Net Banking or UPI methods.
- After successful online payment, you will receive a computer screen receipt confirming successful application form submission.
- Print out the receipt with the admission number for future use.
- In the case of colleges taking entrance exams. You will be given a date of exam and admit card.
- One needs to print out the admit card to sit in the entrance exam.
- You will know your exam center and exam timings on the admit card.
- The cut off is released after one month from the exam date.
- Only those candidates who cross the cut off are called for interview or counseling.
- In the case of an interview, you will be notified about your selection via message on your mobile or e-mail through your contact details.
- One needs to check the official college website to download admit card and merit lists.
Digital Marketing: Course fee
The course fee lies between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 for the entire course. You can get the complete details about fees and other charges on the college website or college prospectus.
Digital Marketing: Syllabus
On getting admission to the Digital Marketing Management program, students must learn the subjects related to brand management and marketing. The subtopics of subjects that students need to examine while seeking after this course are mentioned below:
- E-Customer Relationship Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- E-Supply Chain Management
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Internet and Web Optimization
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Integrated E-Marketing
- Email Marketing and Mobile SEO
- Online Market Research
Colleges for courses in Digital Marketing
The top colleges for courses in Digital marketing in India are:
- Deviprasad Goenka Management College
- Manipal university
- Amity university
- Kalinga university
- Institute of Marketing Communications India
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Digital Marketing Institute
- NMIMS University
- EMDI Institute of Media and Communication
- Delhi School of Communication
- Symbiosis Centre for Learning
Digital Marketing: Job Profile
Digital Marketing has been in enormous demand, and today it is one of the most looked for after vocational alternatives. As each business is moving to the computerized stage, it is normal that more jobs will be done in the Digital Marketing and the interest for professionals will develop. As indicated by payscale.com, presently, the initial pay of a Digital Marketing Manager is Rs 4 lakh and upwards in India.
A list of the top Digital Marketing occupations and their profiles are given below:
- Market Research Analyst: The activity of a Market Research Analyst is to consider the states of the market and watch the chance of sale of a product or item. These examiners assemble information on customer socioeconomics, inclinations, needs, and purchasing properties and help organizations comprehend their products and services. The beginning pay of Market Research Analyst is Rs 3.5 lakh and upwards.
- Content Marketer/Manager: A content manager’s primary responsibility is to make unique content and advertisements to draw customers’ attention. The content advertiser is additionally liable for guaranteeing that the online content is web crawler enhanced. The beginning compensation of Content Marketer/Manager is Rs 6.75 lakh and upwards.
- Digital Marketing Consultant: The obligations of a Digital Marketing Consultant is to incorporate direct SEO ventures, web structuring, online networking advancement, and administer promotion events. The beginning compensation of the Digital Marketing Consultant is Rs 5 lakh and upwards.
- Conversion Rate Optimizer: A Conversion Rate Optimizer deals with the critical change in promoting, oversees, and streamlines presentation pages, builds change rates, and advances prompt client change rate.
- SEO Manager/Professional: A SEO Manager is answerable for creating and actualizing satisfactory site design improvement (SEO) methodologies and exercises like compensation per-click (PPC) promoting and internet-based life. The beginning pay of SEO Manager/Professional is Rs 4 lakh and upwards.
- Social Media Manager: A Social Media expert is relied upon to oversee web-based life crusades, increment the brand’s quality on interpersonal interaction destinations, construct a system of web-based life influencers, post, and remark on related websites, participate in online discussions and take care of client inputs and inquiries. The beginning pay of a Social Media Manager is Rs 4 lakh and upwards.
- PPC Search Manager: An enthusiastic about web showcasing and can think innovatively can turn into a PPC Search Manager. A PPC supervisor needs to adjust to new business types rapidly and apply the information to promoting activities that can, in the long run, help in accomplishing customer objectives. The beginning compensation of PPC Search Manager is Rs 5 lakh and upwards.
- SEO Executive: A SEO official directs nearby and off-webpage investigation of the SEO contenders of its customers. On-location and off-site SEO procedures are made close by a point by point watchword research. Likewise, the ideal utilization of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is done, and consideration is paid to any critical change in Google calculation. The beginning compensation of SEO Executive is Rs 4 lakh and upwards.
- Email Marketer: The principle obligations of an email advertiser incorporate recognizing the intended interest group and developing the email list. An email advertiser’s responsibility includes planning and executing direct email showcasing efforts, editing messages, guaranteeing portable amicable email formats, composing bulletins, updating email layouts utilizing illustrations, personalization, and propelled highlights. Ensuring speedy and exact correspondence with customers is likewise a piece of an email advertiser’s activity. The beginning compensation of the Email Marketer is Rs 4 lakh and upwards.
Companies that recruit Digital Marketing Experts
The top companies that hire Digital marketing professional in India are:
- iProspect India
- Mirum India
- Quasar Media
- Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Reprise Media India
- Interactive Avenues
- To The New Digital Foxy Moron
- Xebec Digital
- Social Panga
Digital marketing is an excellent career choice for creative people and brings in new ways of attracting people’s attention towards something. All you need is your skill of knowing people’s mindset and what they will like to see.
Apply for a course in Digital marketing and bag yourself a great package in the top companies.